Accepted for 2016-2017 School Year
- Public Service Announcement (suggested time 30 sec to 3 minutes)
- Story (suggested time 1 minute to 10 minutes)
- Instructional (suggested time 1 minute to 8 minutes)
- Documentary (suggested time 1 minute to 10 minutes)
Accepted for 2017-2018 School Year and Beyond
- Public Service Announcement: (30 sec – 2 mins) Any message that is of interest to a specific audience with the purpose of raising awareness or changing attitudes and behavior towards a social issue.
- Story: (1 min – 10 min) Any film that tells a fictional story with the purpose of entertaining viewers. Story category films could include film types such as drama, action, science fiction, mystery, or adventure.
- Instructional: (1 min – 5 mins) An educational or “how-to” film intended to inform or teach the viewer about a specific topic. This could be in the form of a commercial, demonstration, a technical support video, etc.
- Documentary: (1 min – 10 mins) A nonfictional film intended to document some aspect of reality for the purpose of maintaining a historical record. Documentary films focus on real life and often include footage of events as they happened and interviews. Documentary films could feature a real-life person, event, your community or culture, even yourself.
- Any film exceeding the time limit will be disqualified.
Grade Level Divisions:
- PreK- 2
- Career Centers